To install InGo on Swoogo, follow the steps outlined below.
Step 1 - Navigate to Event Configuration (in Swoogo)
- Login into Swoogo using your Swoogo credentials.
- Click on "Events -> View Events" in the top left menu bar.
- You will now see a list of your events.
- Click on the "Update" option for the event you wish to install, see below for visual guidance:
Step 2 - Enable InGo Integration on Your Event
Under the "Event Setup" tab, for your event, perform the following steps:
- In the left navigation panel, click on "Integrations."
- Scroll down the list to the InGo item, then click on it.
- Click on the "Enable InGo integration for this event" checkbox to enable InGo installation. See below for visual guidance:
Step 3, Add the InGo Widget Unique IDs
Switch the InGo version from "Freemium" to "Full".
You can find Widget IDs in the InGo event campaign preview: locate the Registration Path that you want to install and select the "Share" option for that path > "Install Widgets" > choose "Swoogo" as the registration platform.
Once you found the Widget IDs in InGo admin, follow the next steps:
- Insert the necessary widget IDs into each field.
- The Login Widget ID goes in the "Login Widget ID" field.
- The Registration Widget ID goes in the "AutoFill Registration Widget ID" field.
- The Social Widget ID goes in the Social Widget ID field.
- And, finally, the Confirmation Widget ID goes in the Confirmation Widget ID field.
- Click on the "Save" button, at the bottom right corner, and you're ready for Step 4!
Important: Remember that each widget ID is unique.
- note: completely ignore the "Advocacy Settings" section at the bottom. At the moment, that section is in a queue to be removed.
Step 4 - Add the Login Widget to the registration flow
Important: the Login Widget should be installed on a page that is the starting point of the registration flow, therefore it can be a home page or a separate landing page as long as that page goes before the registration (registrant data collection) form page.
- Under the "Website" tab (in Swoogo, for a particular event), perform the following steps:
- Click on the "Pages", from the left side menu.
- Click on the "Home" page, under the "Website" category in the pages menu, or whatever is called a page where you want to place the Login Widget.
- Navigate to the section of the page where exactly you'd like to position the Login Widget
- Click on the "Add Content" (Plus Sign), from the left side menu.
- Under the "Social, Promotion & Engagement" section, click and drag the "InGo Login" widget block to your desired location on the page. See below for visual guidance:
Step 5 - Remove the "Register" Link from the event navigation
- Navigate back to the "Pages" menu and remove the default Swoogo Register button (link), specifically make it not visible by leaving the page visibility box empty (shown in the screenshot below)
IMPORTANT NOTE: This step is required to ensure that each registrant will go through the InGo Login Widget, as that's a mandatory part of the correct InGo installation.
Best Practices and Notes
- Make sure the InGo Login Widget is visually the most important item on the page.
- Ensure the InGo Login Widget is above the fold.
- Ensure that the InGo Login Widget is on your starting page of registration.
- It is VERY IMPORTANT that you install just the InGo Login Widget on your homepage or another page that is the starting point of the registration flow.
Step 6 - Adding the InGo Social Widget To Your Confirmation Page
- Under the "Website" tab, navigate to "Pages (from the left side) > Registration > Confirmation."
- Click on the "Confirmation" title to access the layout of the Confirmation page.
- Next, click on the big "Plus" or "Add Content" button from the left side menu.
- Click and drag the InGo Social Sharing widget onto this page to be installed at the top of the page. See below for visual guidance.
InGo Social Widget Best Practices
- Install the Social Widget above the fold and keep it clearly visible.
- Keep the Social Sharing Widget settings in its default state, which shows the "invites" tab first. Remember, we want people to send invites and encourage their friends and colleagues to join you at the event.
That's it, you've installed InGo! Here are some helpful tips to ensure a successful installation:
- Ensure you have different widget IDs for each widget in the "Integrations" section on Swoogo, as each InGo widget has its own unique ID.
- If you have multiple InGo events, be advised that InGo Widget IDs change from event to event, but ALSO on a registration path (in ingo admin) level. DO NOT USE OR RE-USE THE SAME WIDGETS ON A DIFFERENT EVENT.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions or troubles following the steps in this article.