To install InGo on Swoogo, follow the steps outlined below.
Step 1 - Navigate to Event Confirguration (in Swoogo)
- Login into Swoogo using your Swoogo credentials:
- Click on "Events -> View Events" in the top left.
- You will now see all of your events listed.
- Click on the "Edit" button for the event you wish to edit, see below for visual guidance.
Step 2, Enable InGo Integration on Your Event
From the "Event Setup" for your event, perform the following steps.
- In the left navigation pane, click on "Integrations."
- Scroll down the list to the InGo item, then click the logo.
- Click on the checkbox to enable InGo. See below for visual guidance.
Step 3, Add the InGo Widget Unique IDs
Choose the "Full" version of InGo as you will have your own unique InGo IDs to input for this integration. You can find Widget IDs in the InGo event dashboard: locate the Registration Paths section, find the line for Registrants, and click "Widget configuration".
If you have issues obtaining your IDs, please email email@example.com.
- Insert the necessary widget IDs into each field.
- The Login Widget ID goes in the first field.
- The Registration Widget ID goes in the second field.
- The Social Widget ID goes in the third field.
- And, finally, the Confirmation Widget ID goes in the last field.
- Click "save" and you're ready for Step 3!
Remember that each widget ID is unique.
Step 4 - Add the Login Widget
- Navigate to your event's Admin panel on Swoogo.
- Click on the "Website" tab at the top.
- Click on the "Pages" menu.
- Click on the "Home" page
- Navigate to the location(s) where you'd like to add the Login Widget
- Click on the "Add Content" (Plus Sign) at the top left of the menu.
- Click and drag the "InGo Login Widget" block to your desired location on this new page. See below for visual guidance.
Step 5 - Remove the "Register" Link from the event navigation
- Navigate back to the "Pages" menu and remove the Swoogo Registration Flow button from being visible, uncheck the box.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This step is required to ensure that everyone goes through the InGo Login Widget, as that's necessary for correct InGo installation.
Best Practices and Notes
- Make sure the InGo Activator is visually the most important item on the page.
- Ensure the InGo Activator is above the fold.
- Ensure that the InGo Activator is on your starting page of registration.
- It is VERY IMPORTANT that you install just the InGo Activator on your homepage or another page that exists outside of the registration flow. This is now your starting page for "registration."
Step 6, Adding the InGo Social Widget To Your Confirmation Page
- Click on the "Website" top tab, then navigate to "Pages > Registration > Confirmation."
- Click on the "Confirmation" title to access the layout of the Confirmation page.
- Next, click on the big "Plus" or "Add Content" Button right below the "Pages" button in the top left.
- Click and drag the InGo Social Widget onto this page to be installed at the top of the page. See below for visual guidance.
InGo Social Widget Best Practices
- Install the Social Widget above the fold and clearly visible.
- Keep the Social Widget in its default state, which shows the "invites" tab first. Remember, we want people to send invites and encourage their friends and colleagues to join you at the event.
That's it, you've installed InGo! Here are some helpful tips to ensure a high-quality installation:
- Ensure you have different widget IDs for each widget in the "Integrations" section on Swoogo
- If you have multiple InGo events, be advised that InGo Widget IDs change from widget to widget, but ALSO from event to event. DO NOT USE OR RE-USE THE SAME WIDGETS ON A DIFFERENT EVENT.