To help boost the number of advocates your event sees, as well as increasing the number of posts, invites, and impressions, it is best practice to create an incentive campaign around social registration. This article will walk through best practices for incentivizing your attendees, as well as examples of successful incentive campaigns.
Incentivizing your Attendees
- Incentivize Attendees to Post and Send Invites
- When registration opens, send an email offering an incentive if attendees post and send invites
- Run an incentive campaign several weeks out from the show to boost registrations.
- We recommend tying an incentive to encourage attendees to click through
- When an attendee clicks on the InGo social button they are taken to a basic landing page where they can see who's going, post to their network, and invite their colleagues
- HOW? Here’s an InGo helpdesk article showing you how to pull the HTML for the social buttons
To make sure everyone is included, you can customize your messaging for Attendees, Speakers, and Exhibitors.
Examples of incentive emails, headers on registration, and social buttons in attendee emails
Incentivize attendees when registration opens:
Run an Incentive Campaign to Increase Social Adoption:
Consider a custom landing page:
Click here to see an example, and here is a case study from that campaign.
Add buttons to share on social to your confirmation and marketing emails:
Use the InGo “Advocate Email” to create competition among your attendees to get on the Advocate Leaderboard:
We hope these examples paired with the ideas outlined at the beginning of the article help you execute creative solutions to increase social engagement!